Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content


Are you a Castle point housing tenant?

Are you looking to move?


Below are some of the options available to you.




If you are a current Castle point council tenant and you need to move within the Castle Point area to a bigger or smaller property, to move to a property that is more suited to your medical needs or into one of our sheltered schemes you can apply for a transfer.


In order to apply for a transfer you must:


  • Have a genuine need to move (over/under occupied, medical needs)

  • Have held your tenancy for at least 12 months

  • Have no rent arrears

  • Have no court action to obtain possession of your property

  • Have no ongoing tenancy problems


You can apply for a transfer on this website by either signing in to your exsisting account or creating a new account if you do not have one online.

If you wish to downsize property, you may be eligible to the councils Transfer incentive scheme whereby you can receive a tax-free payment to downsize.


Mutual exchange


If you want or need to move either within Castle Point or further afield you could consider a mutual exchange. This is when you swap properties with another social housing tenant (council or housing association). You can either find your own partner to swap with (maybe place an advert in a newspaper or facebook) or you can register with Home swapper which is a dedicated service for searching for mutual exchange partners.


In order to apply for a mutual exchange you must:

  • Hold a council tenancy

  • Have no rent arrears or court action

  • Be looking to move to a property with more than one extra bedroom over your housing need


Rent Deposit Scheme


If you are currently a Castle Point council tenant and need to move to a larger property or one that better suits your medical needs, you may be eligible to apply for the councils rent deposit scheme if you have a low income. On the provision that you give up your council tenancy we may be able to assist you with an interest free loan for a deposit and rent in advance to help secure a new home.  


If you wish to apply for the rent deposit scheme please complete an online housing assessment for using the following link


Other options


If you need to move due to domestic abuse your can get safe and independent advise including details about refuges via the South Essex Domestic Abuse hub by calling 01268 206798.


If you need help filling in any online forms you can contact Peabody who offer floating support over the phone on 0800 28 888 83.


If you are unsure if you meet the criteria for any of the above schemes or wish to discuss your tenancy in further detail please speak to your housing management officer or email